Since 2000, Vernacular Homes have undertaken a wide range of projects at both design and build stage. These projects have included: -
- Custom and self build in Kent, Sussex and Surrey
- Building extensions in Kent, Sussex and Surrey
- Barn conversions in Kent, Sussex and Surrey, including out buildings
- Construction of holiday lets
- Period Restoration In Kent, Sussex and Surrey
If you have a project either with or without planning permission please feel free to contact us to find out how we could be involved.
We take many of our projects from initial design through the planning process and on to a completed build.
Other projects we undertake through a competitive tender process or by negotiated contract.
Quality and craftsmanship are central to our ambition for each project. No matter how vast or modest the scale of a project, we endeavour to work with clients to achieve their vision within the constraints imposed by budget and timescale.
A good number of our clients have gone on to commission us for further projects and the strong relationships we have built have made a large contribution to our success.
Many of our projects are developed specifically for individual clients with whom we work closely from the start, whilst other projects are introduced to us at the construction phase. Either way, the careful project management of our design and build teams produces building work of a high standard and provides an innovative approach to the construction of buildings and their environment.
Key reasons for choosing Vernacular Homes
1. Our experience of both the architectural design and building processes allows us to design realisable schemes and build with an understanding of good design.
2. Our work speaks for itself: the quality of our building work and the level of finish achieved is clearly visible throughout our website. We have often gone on to do multiple projects for a client and often end up doing their neighbours build projects too!
3. Imaginative solutions from both our design and build teams have allowed projects to go ahead where budgets are stretched or planning permissions are difficult to obtain. Our design and planning team have a strong history of success on sites with a failed application history – this has been demonstrated on many occasions with our barn conversions where planning consent can be more difficult to obtain than with other types of building project.
Please contact us to discuss your design or build project
Please feel free to get in contact with us to discuss any aspect of your project. You can do this by emailing us or by calling Trevor Weeks, who is one of our directors on 01233 861177.